After joining, each member should set up a donation page via RunSignUp, the platform we are using to manage pledges and delivery to our target hospitals. Instructions are below. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes, but there are a few tricky bits, so please follow the bouncing ball:
1. To sign op for RunSignUp, click here. Click on Sign Up in the left menu.
2. Once registered, your Member Fundraising Dashboard will refresh. This is where you will build your pledge page for potential donors. You can add personal statements, photos, and a mileage goal. You will want to tell donors why the heck you're doing this crazy thing and why it's worth backing you and one of these amazing children's hospitals. Include your Strava ID so donors can follow along over the course of the year.
4. Select the hospital that you want to ride for from the drop-down list. (CHLA is the default).
5. You need to create your own Custom Fundraiser URL (www.runsignup/JaneDoe) in the box provided. More on this in a minute...
6. There is a donation form at the bottom of the page, should you wish to make your own donation to your local children's hospital. You will next be directed to a CHECK OUT page. Don't panic, if you haven't made a donation, there is no charge or credit card needed.
7. You will receive an email, confirming your registration. The URL that you want to send to donors is NOT www.runsignup/JaneDoe but instead www.runsignup/JaneDoe/pledge.
If you send out the URL without "pledge" in it, your potential donors might get confused because a PLEDGE PER MILE will not be the default option.
8. Email this us your URL and we will create a Veloto page, www.veloto.club/JohnDoe that you can also forward to donors. (Meaning your RunSignUp pledge page will be embedded on our site for ease of use.)
9. Get out there and ride! And ride! And ride some more!
10. At the end of the year, you will enter your final mileage on your personal RunSignUp page; and all of your donors will be billed for their pledges. Donations received will be automatically direct-deposited to the target hospital in question.